High Standards – Academic and Extracurricular Distinction
- We prepare students for university studies worldwide
- Close links to prestigious national and foreign universities
- World-renowned music production technology program with the only state-of-the-art, high school music recording studio in the city of Winnipeg
- A large number of our students consistently rank in the top 2% in various provincial, national & international physics and mathematics competitions.
Excellence in Education – Unique Course and Program Study Opportunities
- A quality academic education with internationally-recognized diplomas and certificates
- Beginner and advanced opportunities for training in Information Technology
Examples of some of the specialized courses and programs we offer:
- International Baccalaureate
- Advanced Placement
- Music Production Technology
- Dramatic Arts and Music Programs – Jazz, Band and Choir
- Visual Communications
- Website Design and Animation
- Multi-Media Production
- Fashion Technology
- Metals Fabrication
ESL (English Second Language)
- Intensive ESL programs to enhance English language acquisition and overall fluency, included in the program of studies at no extra fee
- No minimum English levels required to participate in our International Education Program.
- TOEFL preparation available
Program Established: 1999
Programs Offered: Full Year, 1 Semester, Short Term
Specialized Programs: French Immersion, International Baccalaureate, Advanced Placement
Language(s) of Study: English, French
Total number of schools: 42
High schools for international students: 6
Total Students: 16,000
Total International Students: 120 – 150
International Students Accepted for Grades: 4-12
Nearest Airport: Winnipeg James Richardson International Airport (YWG)
River East Transcona School Division, centrally located in northeast Winnipeg, is the second largest public school district in the province of Manitoba. We welcome international students to any one of our 6 high schools of the school district. All of our high schools are located in the quiet, secure neighbourhoods of northeast Winnipeg near the scenic Red River, with quick, easy access to downtown.
Winnipeg – One great city!
- A city of culture, sporting events, and interesting festivals throughout the year
- A diverse climate with four seasons to experience exciting new adventures
- Enjoy our spectacular natural environment with 100,000 freshwater lakes throughout the province
- For more information about Winnipeg, visit: www.city.winnipeg.mb.ca.
- Safe, caring, and supportive environments with our approved Homestay families
- Friendships that will last a lifetime
- Placement in a secure, caring home with a Canadian family living in the area of the school district.
- All of our Homestay Families are fully screened to ensure our international students gain the most from this experience.
- Homestay Families provide 3 meals per day, a variety of snacks and a private bedroom with study facilities.
- Our international students become a member of their Canadian Homestay family and are treated like a “son or daughter.”
- Our Program staff maintains close contact with students and their Homestay families. They visit students regularly at school as well as in their homes. They are also available to international students and Homestay families after school hours by cellular (mobile) telephone.
Our Homestay with a Canadian family provides our international students with an authentic, real-life situation where they can truly learn the customs, live the culture and learn English.
Our Facilities and Recreational Opportunities
- Fully-equipped, state-of the-art facilities to meet student learning needs for a technologically-advanced world
- Our high schools have a media resource centre, an automated library, science and computer laboratories, one or two gymnasiums and a fitness room.
- Internet access for all international students.
- Large indoor swimming pool and exercise facilities are located near our schools. Students can access these for recreational purposes at the end of their day of studies or during evenings and weekends.
- All school-related extracurricular activities included in the tuition fee
River East Transcona schools have their own soccer, cross country (track and field), hockey, curling, basketball, volleyball and football teams. For team members, these opportunities enable students to learn various sports intensively and participate at a high level of competition. For spectators, the excitement of watching the games provides an excellent social outlet and means of meeting fellow students.
Other examples of school activities include theatre/dramatic productions and improvisation groups, concert and jazz band, choir, cheerleading, art clubs, crafts clubs, debating teams, student council, school newspaper and student leadership groups.
A variety of cultural activities are also organized throughout the year so students can experience and learn about Winnipeg, the province of Manitoba and Canadian traditions.
Entrance Dates: September & February (For: 1-semester / 3-months /full academic school year)
Application Deadlines: November 1 & April 30
Application Fee: $250 (non refundable)
Tuition Fee: $11,750 (for 10 months) $5,875 (for 5 months)
Annual Homestay Placement Fee: Not applicable
Homestay Monthly Fee: $700
Medical Insurance Fee: $550 (for 10 months) Mandatory
Annual Custodianship Fee: Not applicable
All funds are in Canadian dollars
General Inquiries Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing Address: 589 Roch Street
Postal Code: R2K 0C4